Thursday, November 1, 2007

And the world goes 'round...

Happy Halloween, all.

I'm spending this turn of the season in Seattle, WA, where I have the pleasure of visiting a small group of friends who, through one reason or another, all ended up out here after we graduated from UCONN.

It's a great opportunity, being out here; I can take some time for myself, thinking and planning, without the additional need to get into the pottery studio. And that in itself is a boon, because I find that I need variation in my life to keep things fresh.

So I'm spending time sketching. I had planned on going to the Seattle Library for research more than I have this time around, but instead I've sketched new ideas from the ether and refined existing ones.

Best of all, I've had time to spend with my fantastic friends out here, who have indulged my need for the amenities a funky city like this offers: vintage clothes shopping, tasty microbrew beer, and a dance club for tomorrow night. I'm going to see a show on Sunday, and we might celebrate Guy Fawkes Night on Monday.

What does this mean for Mydwynter Studios? It means a renewed sense of perspective going in to the pottery studio, some new tattoo designs (flash) can be added to the portfolio, and a gorgeous old leather motorcycle jacket, freshly acquired, will get its back panel painted.

Fantastic.

No comments: